My name is Anton and I’m an software engineering student from Kiel, Germany.
- Video Acceleration on Ubuntu with Nouveau and a GTX 760Baseline scenario I ran into an issue with the Nouveau-driver for my GTX 760 when I tried to use the cloud gaming service offered by Shadow. Shadow offers a Desktop-as-a-Service product mostly focused on gaming. In comparison to other services like GeForce Now or Google Stadia it offers way more flexibility, but no included game-licenses. […]
- Alpine as docker hostAlpine is a super small linux distribution. I am using it for all my new VMs running a docker instance. Install alpine Download alpine (virtual edition) ISO from https://alpinelinux.org/downloads/ Boot ISO and login with root and no password. Start setup with setup-alpine command and follow instructions Add SSH Key Install docker Enable edge-community repository. Shell […]
- ZSH – bash 2.0?Recently a colleague suggested me to try ZSH instead of my old bash shell. As ZSH is having all functions I used in bash and adds a ton of additional possibilities like a git integration, I am very happy with that change. Install ZSH and oh-my-zsh (nice configuration framework): Edit ZSH config: I am currently […]
- OpenCV 4 + Windows + Mingw + VSCodeInstalling OpenCV 4 on Linux is difficult, but can be done. On Windows it took me hours to get it working. Download VS Code mingw-w64 OpenCV 4.1.1 (mingw edition) set_env.bat Installation install opencv extract opencv[…].zip copy to D:\OpenCV\ install vscode VSCodeUserSetup-[…].exe install cpp-tools in vscode ctrl + shift + x search for: “c++” install “c/c++” […]
- Make your Blog: Harder, Better, Faster, StrongerThese interests are the main reasons for many blog authors to switch to static site generators like Jekyll or Hugo. Performance and security is always a thing you should be aware of when hosting a website, but I am feeling comfortable with the WordPress right now and my guest authors like to write posts with […]